What To Expect and Prepare
Planning ahead before your visit to Dr. Romano’s office will help make your experience as effective as possible. It is important that you give us the information that we need so that we can gain the best understanding of your problem, determine the factors that may influence your treatment and determine the cause of the problem.
Before you go:
- Dr. Romano’s Office is located in West Suburban Hospital at 1 Erie Ct, Suite 7120, Oak Park, IL, 60302.
- Download and fill out the to bring with you.
- Be complete and accurate with your medical history.
What time should you arrive?
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your first appointment so that you can fill out our office forms.
What to bring to your appointment:
- Medical and surgical records
- List of medications and herbal supplements
- List of allergies and reactions to medications
- X-ray, MRI, CT, & Arthrogram films and reports
- Workers’ Compensation information
- Any questions or concerns you have about your current condition
During the Appointment:
It is important for you to completely understand your injury and treatment. You are encouraged to ask questions throughout the process and our office will offer additional resources to answer them.
- Take notes while you are at your appointment.
- Ask for handouts that you can review at a later time.
- Ask about any effects treatment or surgery may have on your daily activities.
- Our office will help you verify that the surgery is covered by your policy.
After the appointment:
- Review the material you were given in the office.
- Make a list of questions that you did not ask during your visit. You may ask them at your next visit or call our office.
- Follow the instructions given in the office. Take all medication as prescribed for the full course. If you have an adverse side effect from the medication, call us and let us know so that we can change your medication.